Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Prologue


WARNING (or at least DISCLOSURE): It is 2:59 AM*. I repeat: I am writing this at 2:59 AM.

(*i.e. due to the unbalanced state of mind such twilight hours beget, I adjure you, my readers, not to hold poor grammar, idiosyncratic tirades and mild hysteria against me. At the time I was writing it, it felt like sheer brilliance. Thus why I am posting it now, before I see it in the light of day and refuse to devulge such rubbish into the already overflowing cybertrash. Furthermore, if you read this in the light of day and find it completely illegible a) in the spirit of the New Year, I forgive you,  and b) you should stop reading, or read this at 2:59 AM, preferably inebriated with your substance of choice. Then it will be as brilliant as my memory paints it.)

Now, all apologies and disclosures aside – and with no more tactical procrastinations – I present to you the 2012-13 blog of my Fulbright adventures. Cut the ribbon, cue the confetti, start up the marching band and commence uproarious applause, hand-shaking and hat-throwing. Or just grab a sandwich and turn on the TV while lightly skimming. Since I cannot see you, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the former. 

No comments:

Post a Comment